Monday, August 4, 2008

Ahh, wet sheep smell







Works in progress - and/or purgatory.
Right is my spinning -- I am almost done with my first bag of roving! Will it look terrible when i get the nerve to ply it? Of course! But I'm going to knit something with it anyway. I do dread the moths. Hand spun looks so much more insect-edible than store bought. Maybe it will decoy the moths away from more expensive skeins.
Center: my Sunrise Circle Jacket is now in Limbo. All of the pieces are done, but all of them need to be adjusted. I have a complicated and random system of row-fixing crochet chains either holding last rows or marking rows to cut back to. Since the pattern seems enormous on most people, I stopped before the end of the fronts, gave it a douse, and am drying it before making alterations. On each piece. At both ends.
I hope the wool doesn't smell this bad after each washing. I can smell the eucalyptus on the other items from the load, but the orange has a different flavor.
I did a seam or two to see how things are lining up, and it wasn't onerous. They didn't shrink any faster than the sweater body, so that's a success.
Yes, it is a perilous cliff . . . will dahlofwool's first sweater ever be wearable?
Left is some doomed thing I keep trying to turn into a market bag. The hemp, it wants to work with me, but so far we are struggling.

No comments: